COVID-19 Guidelines, Policies and Safety Plans
To ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff, The Recovery Spa will be following guidelines recommended by Interior Health, BC’s Provincial Health Officer, and WorkSafe BC as we resume operations.
Please take a moment to read and familiarize yourself with our policies & procedures.
- You must complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment prior to each visit. Our staff will ask if you have self-assessed prior to starting your appointment. If you do not pass the self-assessment, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- To minimize the number of clients in the clinic we ask that you please stay outside or remain in your vehicle until your appointment time.
- Please arrive unaccompanied
- For retail only purchases please use the website for curbside pick-up and delivery options, alternatively you can call us as well.
- Minimize the number of personal items you bring into the clinic (bags, water bottles, jackets etc).
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer when entering the facility
- We recommend using your home bathroom prior to coming in for your treatment.
- Guests are asked to book and pay for services online via the website as a first resort. If necessary we will take appointments over the phone and allow for onsite payments via our contactless payment systems which allows us to maintain 2m of distance between staff and guests.
- Drop-ins will not be permitted until further notice. Please call ahead 250-258-9496 for availability.
The layout of the recovery spa has been re-worked to maintain a 2m distance between all clients at any given time. We have added a touchless hand sanitizer station at the entrance for use by clients upon entry and exit. Single-use masks will be made available to clients upon request.
Our whole body light pod (WBLP) is located in its own room and clients will have space to distance themselves while entering and exiting this room. The WBLP will be available for booking twice per hour which allows for up to a 20 min session and 10 minutes for sanitization of the entire room and all equipment therein. i.e. Chair, Oxygen Concentrator, WBLP, all surfaces and door handles. Sanitation of this part of the facility is done with Pre-empt wipes and Pre-empt RTU spray
Our NuCalm Stress reduction systems have been split between two separate spaces allowing for one private room and one in our main space, allowing for only 4 clients in the main area. This service will be booked once per hour allowing for a 45min session and 15 minutes for sanitization of the entire room/area and all equipment used during the session. i.e. Chair, headphones, all surfaces and door handles. Each client will be given their own personal eye mask and will be asked to bring it home with them. We will be foregoing the use of our weighted blankets for the time being and will suggest people bring a hoodie or sweater for their own comfort. Sanitation of this part of the facility is done with Lysol Disinfecting Wipes
Our Air Compression Massage systems have been moved further apart to accommodate 2m of distance between seats. This service will be booked every 45 minutes allowing for a 30min session and 15 minutes for sanitization of the entire area and all equipment used during the session. i.e. Chair, Air pump, Attachment used for treatment and all surfaces in the immediate vicinity. Sanitation of this part of the facility is done with Lysol Disinfecting Wipes.
Our Sauna will be booked once per hour allowing for a 40min session and 20 minutes for sanitization of the entire room and all equipment used during the session. i.e. sauna door, bench & backrest, dressing bench, shower stall glass, tile & handles, and all other surfaces and door handles. Sanitation of this part of the facility is done with Lysol Disinfecting Wipes & Bleach solution recommended by the manufacturer and CDC - which consist of the CDC’s guidelines for cleaning which are 4 teaspoons of bleach per quart of water.
Sanitation for the entrance area of the facility will be done upon the entrance or exit of each client, this includes the front desk/cashier area and surfaces and all door handles. Door glass will be sanitized once per hour.
The office area will be restricted to the staff scheduled to work and will be sanitized accordingly based on usage, but not less than once per hour if the door has been in use.
If 2m distance is not possible staff will be required to wear single-use gloves and masks when administering all treatments and where possible i.e. air compression massage and whole body light pod, they will instruct the client in the use of the equipment from a distance of 2m.
Clients are asked to book and pay for services via the website as a first resort and if necessary we will take appointments over the phone and allow for onsite payments via our contactless payment systems which allow us to maintain 2m of distance between staff and clients. We will be open on an appointment-only basis and will not be allowing for drop-ins. This will allow us to manage the number of clients in the spa at any given point.